- Calculate and reconcile the company accounts set by clients’ organisations.
- Check and reconcile haulage invoices received against actual haulage on delivery deliveries/bookings sheets. This entails verification of: Quantities, rates, fuel surcharges and any other agreed supplementary charges.
- Check for variation between invoiced amounts and expected costs.
- Query any overdue underpayments established during reconciliation procedures
- Effectively communicate at all levels within business and with clients’ as assigned
- Organise own workload, meeting deadlines and demonstrating good sense of prioritising
- Inputting large data into In-house software
- Assist Management Team with general admin duties should need arise
- Meticulous and logical traits with a great ability to prioritise tasks
- Enjoy of working with large amounts of numerical data daily.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to multi-task
- A versatile team player, confident in sharing new ways to improve current procedures
- Degree qualification is advantageous
Logistics & Travel
19000.00 - £21000.00 ( Annum )
We have an excellent opportunity for a junior/experienced Administration Assistant to join one of our clients, who are a busy & rapidly growing Haulage Company situated in an Iver, Buckinghamshire. Due to continued expansion, they are looking for a further candidate to join their small Finance Team.
The Company is looking for a self-motivated person with good communication skills and an ability to produce work of an accurate nature, even under pressurised conditions. The candidate will assist in managing large amounts of numerical data and calculating costs for driver deliveries and then generating invoices for clients.
This is a great entry level opportunity for the successful candidate to learn valuable skills and gain experience in Finance Admin and Accounts reconciliation & querying as well as general administration exposure. The suitable candidate will be offered adequate training to enable them to effectively perform their duties and we are looking for someone who is looking to commit on a long term permanent basis.
In order to be considered for this role, you MUST BE A CAR DRIVER & CAR OWNER, as there is no way of commuting to the client site without a car. If you do not have your own transport, you will be not considered.
Reporting to: The Office Manager
Salary: £19000 – £21000 (Dependent on experience)
Contracted Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Key Features of the role:
This role would ideally suit someone with a strong head for figures and numbers and who has excellent attention to detail. The role will be highly administrative and revolve around working heavily with data and calculating information to ensure that the clients are being billed correctly and accurately and to ensure that all information is being reconciled correctly. You will need to have very strong organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and collate lots of numerical data. This could be a great role for someone who is looking to develop a long term career within Finance/Accounts.
Please apply now for immediate consideration. Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.