- Achieve accurate Scheduling of all gun, to achieve on time delivery to meet customer promise dates and budgeted deliveries (generating sales value).
- Develop and report on the Outworkers and Suppliers, supported by the Craft Production Assistant, to establish and improve accurate and reliable supply dates to support the schedule.
- Develop “progress chasing” and all related aspects of “Materials control” to improve availability of all components to support the craft build.
- Lead the “delays resolution” project team including the Craft manager, Quality manager, Technical manager, Production Director and Production Engineer (currently 100% allocated to this project) to establish reliable delivery promises as quickly as possible.
- Introduce effective Capacity planning of the Craft and machine shop areas to ensure sufficient resource can be put in place to meet forecast and actual orders.
- Develop/source a much needed Machine shop scheduling system using MRP / BOM’s to translate from customer orders on Sage / Preactor to sequenced component manufacture plans that meet the requirements of the machine shop.
- To incorporate component A,B,C categorisation and “reorder point” or Kanban systems where appropriate.
- Ideally Degree qualified in a science, Engineering, Supply / Logistics or maths based subject
- Training in MRP / ERP systems, Purchasing and Logisitcs
- Probably a member of a professional body in the Planning / Purchasing / Logistics area
- Considerable experience running/scheduling in a complex, small batch manufacturing business
- Capacity planning of labour and machine based operation processes in manufacturing and assembly businesses.
- Use and development of ERP / MRP business systems (ideally Sage) for manufacturing systems.
- Experience managing suppliers would be an advantage
- An excellent communicator able to work well with colleague managers, Craftsmen and senior managers / directors
- Capable problem solver
- Good analytical and mathematical capability and attention to detail
- Resourceful and able to use initiative
- Calm, yet driven and results focussed
- Able to lead projects and people and work as part of a team
Engineering or M&E (Mechanicel Electrical)
Our client, a leading manufacturer of shooting guns/rifles and are looking for an experienced Planning Manager, who has worked in a sector which produces complex/ bespoke, precision items with a long production lead time and are produced in small batches. Reporting to the Production Director, you will ideally have strong analytical, engineering and mathematical skills, with strong attention to detail and communication skills.
Main Purpose of Role:
To continuously develop and improve scheduling of all works orders in the Craft area, working closely with the Craft manager, to develop effective scheduling of component manufacture in the machine shop, working closely with the Technical manager, and oversee and develop scheduling and management of suppliers and outworkers in order to deliver all guns on time to both customer promise dates and budgeted delivery commitments.
Reports to: Production Director
Initial Key objective
Develop accurate and reliable gun order scheduling and delivery.
Attributes, Experience & Competencies:
Hours of Work:
38 hours per week with flexibility around start / stop times to suit the candidate’s circumstances.
The role will may require occasional domestic and international travel to support the on-going efforts of the business.