- Ensure smooth and efficient production flow minimising bottlenecks and down time. Assist the next shift as much as possible so you are working together as one team to complete the daily schedule
- Complete the mixing of all scheduled recipes for your shift. Weigh and mix all ingredients as per the recipe sheets.
- Feed the dough onto the line and ensure all the settings are set correctly for a smooth production run.
- Use initiative and know how to correct any line issues to minimise downtime and meet product attributes. Apply and encourage our ‘clean as you go’ policy.
- Ensure all quality attributes are met for the wet and baked products by liaising with the oven operative and coordinating the line throughput to avoid any downtime.
- Ensure all team members follow our policies and procedures at all times, addressing non- conformances and feeding back ideas to help better compliance
- Deliver effective communication with your team, engineers, colleagues and crispbread line manager.
- Has experience within the food industry with a sound knowledge of the technical and quality aspects of food production
- Preferably has experience in team leading and the ability to pick up new systems fast
- resourceful, resilient, logical and analytical thinking
- Capable of physical work
- Strong communication skills to influence at all levels
- Be quality focused – acting with our customer in mind at all time
- Be flexible and adaptable to meet changing business demands
Food & Drink
Production line team leader
Our client are an extremely fast growing brand name. They started from a small production unit and have quickly grown into a multi-million turnover business and developed their range to one of the fastest growing food brands in the premium crispbread and cheese biscuits market. With the business growth, their production capacity has increased and they are now looking for a hard- working and quality focused team leader to join a dedicated team. All team members are passionate about achieving and exceeding all the targets.
Reporting to the Crispbread Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring production targets are met to the required quality standards for your section whilst delivering in the key performance areas of health and safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, cost, material usage, productivity, efficiency and waste levels.
Key Features of the role:
This role offers an immediate start for the right calibre candidate, as well as opportunities to progress within the company. The company is based in Wood Green, with good transport links in to the factory.