Health & Medicine
16.06 - £32.12 ( Hourly)
H&S Advisor who can demonstrate a wide range of experience in building-safety related compliance. The candidates need to show that they understand buildings. For this role there will be no possibility of training someone how to do the tasks – they need to be able to hit the ground running.
This job is very focused on a specialist subject. In theory this job could also be carried out by a surveyor or facilities person if they have a really good understanding of H&S law, HSE guides, best practice etc.
The main duties of the post will be to:
• Lead meetings and groups to ensure that the Council has developed action plans with clear defined targets and responsibilities;
• Train, support and advise key individuals to ensure that their level of knowledge and skills is sufficient to be able to manage health & safety risks within buildings;
• Provide technical support and advice to the lead officer(s) on the RMI contract (and others);
• Train, support and advise key individuals to ensure that their level of knowledge and skills is sufficient to be able to manage health & safety risks within contracts;
• Carry out audits on existing controls, safeguards and contracts to ensure that the Council is fulfilling its statutory duties;
• Provide regular updates to CMT on the progress with actions and the results of audit