- To support with all areas of drivers’ recruitment, drivers’ records keeping for compliance and health and safety as per DVSA and Clients policies.
- Organising training for drivers and company staff in liaison with external and in house training provisions.
- Involved in enrolling new vehicles with relevant authorities into the companies growing fleet. Such will include applications for parking permits, toll charges among other aspects as required by DVSA and other road management authorities.
- Dealing with correspondence to the company in a timely manner. Such will include among others PCN’s, fines and notices issued to the company during fleet operations.
- Working with the company in house finance team to ensure all suppliers are paid their dues in time and responsible for maintenance and related filing.
- First point of contact for the business as will be answering the telephone and receiving visitors.
- To maintain and implement the organisations administrative policies and procedures.
- To provide all aspects of administrative support to the company including taking minutes of meetings when required and supporting the director of the business with his administration and correspondence.
- Good IT skills including use of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Very strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with clear spoken English
- Excellent typing or word processing ability
- Experience of minute taking (can be taught)
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Experience in administration within road surfacing haulage or experience of Fleet Management/Administration is highly desirable, but not essential.
- A Full UK/EU Driver's Licence (Max 6 points)
Logistics & Travel
18000.00 - £21000.00 ( Annum )
A busy and rapidly growing Haulage Company situated in Iver, Buckinghamshire is looking for a candidate to join their Management Team. The office is housed in a fully-furnished porta cabin with staff parking and kitchen facilities within the firm’s main transport depot/yard.
The ideal candidate should be well organised and have an ability to multi-task and prioritise work. You should be self-driven, business aware with good time management skills. You should have good IT knowledge (especially MS Office packages) and the ability to pick up and adapt to new software and automotive operating systems. Excellent customer service skills are required as the role involves dealing with internal and external clients. The suitable candidate will be offered adequate training to enable them to effectively perform their duties.
Reporting to: The Director
Contracted hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm Role: Personal assistant to the company director
This role offers an immediate start for the right person. Please only apply if you have relevant experience of working within a Fleet or Transport Dept with good knowledge of maintaining company vehicles. The ideal candidate will come from a Road surfacing company having worked within a similar role.